These four words form our core values. They are central to the school trips we host here at our location in Fountain Hills. The youth of our region are our community’s future, but how can they build that future without first exploring the past, and also understanding the role of water conservation? That’s why The River of Time Museum & Exploration Center welcomes Maricopa County school groups grades K-12 for a free thirty-minute docent led, museum experience.
Tours focus on the role of water in the settlement of the Lower Verde River Valley. Other topics depend on docent availability and include:
- Territorial Medicine and a visit with “Marie Montezuma”
- Jack Swilling “Father” of Phoenix
- Town of Fountain Hills Centennial Circle Sculptures
- Fort McDowell and the Annie White Family
- Flying Flowers; Monarch Butterfly Conservation
Each group of fifteen students must be accompanied by one adult.